Thursday, August 17, 2017

Clutter - How it Effects Us

Since we've gotten back from Arizona it's been so hard to get myself motivated.  The weather has been storm after storm after storm.  Today it's a beautiful sun shiny day.  I should go out and take a walk and enjoy the sunshine ,,, that's what I should do ... instead I'm sitting in my chair looking at the chaos that is my living room and writing in my blog.  I have two spare bedrooms upstairs but I have all my sewing stuff dragged down here around the dining table ... well not all but a lot of it.  I am so OCD and chaos plays havoc with my mind.  So I think my project today is to get myself organized.  Take my sewing stuff upstairs and put it away then I can bring it down and work one project at a time.  I have boxes and boxes of material and patterns that I have ordered, received and just seem to want to look at and not do anything with.  It's overwhelming.  Does clutter effect you that way?  I really don't handle clutter well at all.

I've learned over the years that it's not just the clutter you see but also the clutter you think that effects you.  Memories that you can't let go of.  Memories that haunt you, creep into your dreams and sometimes just appear maybe from a smell, a sound, a glimpse of someone from the corner of your eye.  These memories stir up all kinds of emotions inside you ... clutter your mind sometimes with anger, fear and sadness ... sometimes though it's happiness and joy.  The good memories I don't consider clutter, those are the keepers.  And just like you do at home there are boxes for them all:

Trash - the ones that cause the anger - fear - anxiety - some sad ones - basically the bad memories ... those are the ones we need to throw away.  They are the ones that are cluttering our minds, our lives and holding us back from achieving so much

Donate - this is the tricky part ... this is where you take it to counseling ... they help you deal with the trash and learn to see things in a different light ... so you donate those memories to counseling and get help dealing with them, learn to overcome them.

Keep - these are all the memories that make us happy. After we have learned how to deal with the bad memories we learn how to replace them with the good memories.  We learn to be happy, to be at peace and once you have mastered this, nothing can hold you back.

I choose not to be angry.  I choose to be happy.  I choose to control the clutter in my mind.

And now, back to my living/dining room.  I guess I'm choosing the walk first and then I'll deal with the mess when I get back.  Have a wonderful day.    

No comments:

Post a Comment