Saturday, January 27, 2018

A Little Work & A Whole Lot of Playing

Today I worked a bit on organizing one of my closets.  Going through my clothes is a daunting task, LOL.  The more I weed out, the more I find.  I really want to reduce my clothes to one closet.  My shoes are going to be the biggest issue.  I love shoes ... I mean I LOVE shoes.  I can't seem to have enough of them.  I built shelves in our smallest bedroom closet and I have rows and rows of clear boxes that hold my shoes.  I try to go through them and give them away but they end up back in that closet.  I really can't let them go and I keep adding to them.  I guess I should have started this post with ... Hi, my name is Debbie and I'm a shoe addict.  I do wear them though, in my job I should always be dressed nice so I wear all my heels. In the summer I wear all the sandals and in the winter I wear all the boots.  So ... I'm thinking it's really not so much an addiction as it is a necessity.  But, truly, I do love shoes!

 Today turned out to be warm and sunny for a January afternoon so I took some time off and ran to Best Buy to find myself a new camera bag.  My old one is just not large enough for everything and I've already outgrown the one that came with my camera.  Things have changed a lot since I bought my last one, it's almost all backpacks now and that is what I ended up getting.  I thought about it for a while because I could always go online and order one but after trying several over my shoulder I found one that was really comfortable and roomy enough to hold all my photography stuff in it.  This is the one I chose:
The pack is slim and the straps or extra padded.  Very comfortable to wear over one or both shoulders

There's room for everything.  I was able to put in all my lens and camera, cleaning stuff, extra battery and filters.  I found a place for the battery charger, and all the cords. Everything is in one place. 


After I packed my new camera case, I went outside and played with my camera a bit.  I wanted to record the difference between the different lens so that basically I would understand what each does, what their pros and cons are.  Mostly I took pictures of tree tops and sky as I was wanting to know how true the color records to the photo.  I also wanted to play with composition a bit as well.  Today I played with the 24mm, 40mm, and the 18-55mm lens. I tested how close I could actually get without losing focus and how far I could shoot without losing value.  making sure that I chose the same things to take pictures of helped so that I could compare the photos. The 18-55mm allows you to get closer to your subject.  I was within 3-4 inches before it got blurry.  The 40mm I had to be 6-8 inches away.  The 24mm I could be within 4-6 inches.  All of them shot at a distance pretty much the same but I had all the lens on auto focus.  This was my favorite shot of the day:

shot with the 18-55mm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment