Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Adding Color to Our Lives

This morning I got to see my beautiful sky change colors.  I love mornings, the start of a new day, a clean slate.  Spring is everywhere around us now even though we’ve just barely tiptoed into March.  Flowers are blooming, the leaves are budding on the trees, birds are filling the skies and trees with beautiful song.  I know I shouldn’t hate winter but I do, it’s so dark and dank and dismal.  I always feel like a cloud is hanging over my head even when the sun is out.  The trees are naked, the grass is brown and dead looking and it’s cold outside.  Even as a child I hated winter.  All the other kids were excited for snow, me, I wanted to burrow under the blankets with a book and wait out the winter.  It was always so depressing to me.  

It’s not just sunshine for me, it’s all about color.  So I guess it’s like living in a black and white photo and when those first buds of green appear on the trees, the first blades of green on the ground and the daffodils start pushing up through the ground the black and white photo begins to take life.  It’s all about the color.

In our lives we have those days, those really dark days or maybe months or even years that we’re living in our black and white photos, it seems that we’ll never see color again but we will.  Those blades, buds and petals will push through the darkness and we’ll find the joy.  I’ve learned to add my own color and sometimes that’s what you have to do.  That’s art and whether we realize it or not that’s what life is all about... art, the art of living, the art of enjoying life, the art of laughter and the art of love.


Have a wonderful day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment