2 small cans whole green chili peppers
8 ounces cheddar (or cheddar/jack) cheese - grated
1 pound ground sausage - browned
1 cup baking mix (I use Pioneer but Bisquick works too)
1 cup milk
3 eggs - beaten
- Brown sausage and set aside
- Line bottom of glass baking dish with whole green chili peppers
- Spread grated cheese over the chili peppers evenly
- Spread browned sausage over the grated cheese
- Beat baking mix, milk and eggs together until smooth and pour over the browned sausage as evenly as possibly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until casserole is golden brown. Let sit for about 5 minutes before you slice and eat.
Sometimes I mix in a can of chopped green chili peppers in the liquid mixture just to add more flavor. Let me know what you think.