Saturday, March 4, 2017

Sausage Casserole

One of our favorite things to eat is breakfast for dinner.  This recipe can actually be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  When we have a crowd that's spent the night it's always my go to for breakfast as it's quick and easy and allows me to spend a lot of time visiting with my company while still preparing a nice breakfast but normally we eat it for dinner as it's filling and so tasty.  It's one of my grandson's favorite casseroles.



Ingredients:
2 small cans whole green chili peppers
8 ounces cheddar (or cheddar/jack) cheese - grated
1 pound ground sausage - browned
1 cup baking mix (I use Pioneer but Bisquick works too)
1 cup milk
3 eggs - beaten

Directions:

  1. Brown sausage and set aside
  2. Line bottom of glass baking dish with whole green chili peppers
  3. Spread grated cheese over the chili peppers evenly
  4. Spread browned sausage over the grated cheese
  5. Beat baking mix, milk and eggs together until smooth and pour over the browned sausage as evenly as possibly.
  6. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until casserole is golden brown.  Let sit for about 5 minutes before you slice and eat. 
  7. Enjoy!


Sometimes I mix in a can of chopped green chili peppers in the liquid mixture just to add more flavor.  Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment