Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Coffee ... My Most Guilty Pleasure



When I was a young girl, around 10 to 12, I was up before my mother in the mornings and I would make a pot of coffee in her electric percolator and then I would wake her up at 7am with a fresh cup of coffee.  By that time I had already had a cup or two myself and finished my homework and was doing my hair for school.  I loved coffee then and I love coffee now.  I can't remember a time that I haven't loved coffee. When I was in high school I used to walk to the nearby coffee shop and sit in a booth and drink coffee and study for tests there.  Seems like all the memories with girlfriends and gatherings centered around coffee and laughter (there might have been a few with wine and laughter too LOL) but we all drank coffee back in the college days, back in the child rearing days and then in the after work days when we would meet for coffee just to catch up and see how everyone's week had been. Coffee and Wine were great conversation props.  Up until 15 years ago I only drank it black but now I drink it with cream due to ulcers but I really don't care as long as I get to drink it.  It's the first thing I reach for when I get up in the morning and the last thing I drink before I go to bed at night. When we travel, I carry my own small 4-6 cup electric percolator with me.  I hate the coffee makers in hotel rooms, heck I hate hotel rooms LOL.  I prefer to stay in a condo while we travel but there are time we have to stay in a hotel.  My trusty little percolator makes the best cups of coffee ever.  I never did like the Mr. Coffee makers, the coffee always tasted plastic to me and the off-brands that were similar to that were pretty much the same.  Then, for many years I had Bunn coffee pots and they were great, the coffee tasted great.  Now I have a Keurig and it's okay but when I'm in the mood and I know I'm going to be home a while and can finish a pot or near finish it, I still use an electric percolator because all in all they still make a superior cup of coffee!

Over the years there has been controversy over whether coffee is good for you or bad for you but it seems to me every time they have tried to prove that coffee is bad for you they uncover another reason that it's good or you, another advantage for drinking coffee.

Yes Coffee is my Most Favorite Guilty Pleasure and I don't feel the least bit bad about it.  I love it and I think I always will.  

No comments:

Post a Comment