Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Cold Weather and Sweet Cuddles

It's quiet tonight, Gary's in bed asleep and the cats are settled in the cat tree.  They love their new cat tree and I like the fact it doesn't take up as much room as the old one did.  Kali climbs it by shimming up the side poles and Bandit uses the ladder.  It really doesn't matter I guess how they get up there, they enjoy it and it wasn't as much of an adjustment as I thought it would be. 

It has been so cold, I've been getting out only when I had too.  Today I was out showing a house, spent my weekend showing houses and doing an Open House but other than that, I stayed home where it's warm and comfortable.  I think the animals have it right ... hibernate!  Too bad we don't get to do that as well.  Wouldn't it be nice to sleep for a couple of months and wake up and it's Spring?  Yesterday we heard a woodpecker and just can't fathom why it's still hanging around  It is cold, cold, cold!  Poor animals are so confused by the Oklahoma weather this year ... 70s one day and 20s the next.  None of us can quite get used to it.  The cats love to go out to the sun room but it's just been too cold for them out there so instead they have decided to drive me crazy. 

 
Bandit ... she will actually let me take her picture.


 
Kali ... hisses and spits when you try to take her picture

The new cat tree.
These are our babies and different as night and day.  Bandit is all girl and prissy.  She's sweet and cuddly and very gentle.  Kali is playful and mischievous and constantly getting into things.  She can climb the door frames in the house and walk the ledge above the doors so we are always flinching when we walk through a doorway wondering if she's going to drop on us.  Both are very much loved.  Both are crazy about tuna and every time they hear us opening a can they think it has to be tuna.  They both have fun personalities.  

Well, it's time for bed.  Sweet dreams everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment