Thursday, March 15, 2018

Spring is Almost Here

It's wonderful seeing Spring peeking out from behind the gloom of winter here and there.  Sunshine and warmth reaching our bones. My yard and flowers are starting to awaken.  Yesterday I saw a cardinal perched on my back fence.  The squirrels have become more playful and are teasing the cats through the windows in the sun room.  My heart just sings at the thought of winter leaving and Spring and Summer coming.  I have gotten some of my 'To Do List' done this winter but not as much as I had hoped.  I'll just have to continue to work on it throughout the year.  Eventually, I will have it all knocked off.  

As soon as I'm sure there are no more freezes scheduled by Mother Nature here, I intend to plant flowers and work my flowerbeds.  That always perks everything up around here and gives the house a fresh face.  I love flowers!  Well,  I love planting them but once planted I forget to water or weed them.  Thank goodness for my wonderful husband who comes behind me and makes sure everything lives and survives.  It will also be time to check to see if there is any painting on the outside that needs my attention.  I always check to make sure that the trim is well covered and sealed so that no water can get in the wood and cause wood rot.  And then finally, wash the outside of the windows.  I can never get to the second story though, how do people do that???? Of course I can hire someone for the windows, and have in the past but how do people do it themselves ... little elves? ... fairies?  ... there has to be a magical way to do this chore. 

Spring is always exciting to me for a number of reasons, one of course is that winter is going back into hiding ... that is always a good thing.  Another is that it's always amazed me how the earth awakens from it's long sleep.  One day you see a few little pieces of green and then it's like over night and you wake up and the world goes from black and white and gloomy to this wonderland of bright color and amazing sounds and smells.  The grass is green, the trees are green, the flowers start blooming, the butterflies return, the birds are everywhere singing and flittering around.  The little creatures like squirrels and rabbits are running around and playing.  In the evenings you hear the crickets and frogs.  Sometimes it's just overwhelming how everything wakes up at once.  I absolutely love it!  But there is one reason that is more important than all of that and that's that summer is right around the corner and I know that Rachel and Phoenix will be here soon.  I look forward to my daughter and grandson's visit so much.  It's like all the holidays combined into one.  I wish our son-in-law could come as well but he doesn't get as much vacation time and I understand that but it's wonderful for those two weeks to have our family all together again.  

Today I have planned to get out and find For Sale by Owners to contact and see what I can get going.  It's a beautiful day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment