Sunday, April 29, 2018

I See The Light!

I have spent a couple of hours trying to find good YouTube videos on 'How to wash windows without a ladder and through a screen" .  Amazingly that's very hard to find!  I really don't want to climb up on a 24 foot ladder balancing a bucket and squeegee and sponge and towel and everything I might need to clean those windows.  I could hire someone but then I end up standing outside watching them and stressing over whether they will fall or not and then our house is a colonial so there is the recessed window upstairs in the middle so you basically have to climb on the roof to reach it.  All-in-all it would just be nicer if I could find an answer to my search on YouTube.  Well, I did find something by Fuller Brush and I've ordered it and if it works I'll be sure to blog about it because I'm sure there are many other people out there that have the same problem.  I haven't had my windows washed in five years because of this problem.  The last time I hired a company the guy slid on my roof and almost fell off and my heart skipped several beats.  I just can't do that.  I want clean windows stress free. 

Spring has finally arrived!  That means flowers are being planted and windows cleaned. closets are all almost cleaned out and it's time to decide if new paint is in order.  The sun is so bright and beautiful you want your house to be the same.  I am looking at my house with a fresh look.  This always scares my husband.  He says he can see dollar signs in my eyes ... well maybe just a few.  I'm thinking it's time to rip up this carpet that he promised me would only be here for four to five years (it's been ten now) and finally lay that hardwood floor that I always wanted.  He was pricing them online.  (BIG SNORT!)  Like I would let someone else do it!  I know I can do it myself.  He's saying I think we should wait another year or two ... it's going to cost this ... no it isn't ... because we are going to do it ourselves.  Now ... I'm getting the push back here because he said he's not going to be involved so it's going to take me a little longer because I'll do it by myself which means he won't have a living room for a while but I WILL do it myself. After almost 43 years you would think he would know better than to tell me he doesn't think I can do it ... that's almost like a dare to me.  So off to Lumber Liquidator I go ... I will have a new floor by summer. 

Now a new floor means new paint, new curtains ... oh there is so much to do.  See what washing windows and letting in a little light can do for a person? 

2 comments:

  1. It's definitely cheaper to do by yourself but you get Robbie to help you! New of course get way more satisfaction out of it.
    We did 2 bedrooms a bathroom in our hallway. And we plan on doing our kitchen dining room and living room too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to get Rob to help LOL but he's closing on his second rental in a couple of weeks and his work schedule is crazy right now. I hope to have this floor in before the kids get here and have the living room all done and pretty as a surprise. We'll see what I get finished. I can't start it though if I don't finish it before they get here because it'll be a big mess otherwise. I could just do the kitchen first and the living room after they leave.

      Delete