Monday, April 15, 2019

Getting Ready for Summer

I'm sitting in my sun room listening to the birds call to each other.  It's such a peaceful time of morning.  The sun is barely up and my coffee is hot and wonderful.  I miss my sun room in the winter.  Three seasons is never enough for this room.  I've been cleaning the windows and getting it ready this week for summer.  This is my favorite room in the house.  The roof is made of something though that makes it almost unbearable when it rains hard because it's so loud out here.  My next sun room will have a normal roof so I can enjoy the rainy days out in it as well.

Gary and I have been talking about selling our house and moving into a one level home.  We'll need to buy one that has 4 bedrooms at least again.  I love having two guest rooms when Rachel and Phoenix come to visit.  But, right now I need to concentrate on this one.  The yard is a mess which is usually the case every Spring.  I can see where we need to weed and thin out bulbs, calk around windows, clear up limbs that have fallen.  The fence needs attention on one side and in the back when a large tree limb fell on it.  We'll get that done when we get back from our trip to South Carolina.  I need to make a list of everything that needs to be done and then make a few calls to get estimates.  We need some tree limbs trimmed, the drive way repaired and three bushes removed.  I'm going to redo the large front flowerbed out by the street this year since the moles decided to destroy it last fall.  I think instead of bulbs this year, I'll put in some colorful bushes and have a few places for annuals.  Maybe we can discourage them from returning this year.  I need to clean all the windows on the outside and on the second story that's quite a job.  I also need to trim and shape my bushes in the front of the house and redo the flowerpots. On the outside back patio I need to clean the furniture and get the patio clean again.  This is our outside Spring Cleaning.

Inside the house I need to concentrate on finishing up the projects that I started.  I would love to have the kitchen finished before Rachel and Phoenix come home this year and have the staircase reverted to wood and the carpet removed from it.  I would also love to have new carpet put down in the living room.  I really wanted hardwood floors but Gary loves carpet so we'll go with carpet.  Perhaps I can get his grandmother's dining room table fixed and move it into the dining room and ship the one we have in there now to Rachel.  She could use it in her house.  Sounds like a lot but if I knuckle down I can get those things done.  It would be nice to have some of the projects finished.

I always get so excited when the kids are coming.  I want everything perfect for them.  I know they'll enjoy themselves even if it's not - but it's just my way of saying "I love you!"  The next house will have bigger closets, a larger master bathroom and a huge kitchen.  Those are my requirements.  We can add on a sun room and we will but we don't have to find one with one already although that would be a plus.  I want 2 1/2 baths this time instead of 2.  There are a few changes that I feel would make things a little smoother for me.  I would love to have some land with it this time.  I might think about getting some chickens and having my own eggs.  I would love to have a work shed with electricity and keep all my wood working tools there so the garage stays clean and we can actually park in it.

Right now I'm looking for someone to take out the center of 4 upper cabinets and replace it with glass to match one that is already that way.  I want all my large cabinets to match and have glass fronts.
Well, it won't be all my large cabinets because it won't be my pantry or the one above my oven but the ones near my sink and stove.  I think it will balance it out more.

So today I work on Rob's house and tomorrow I work on mine.  Tomorrow night I start a new class for photography and Wednesday I get my hair done and we get packed and early Thursday morning we fly out for South Carolina.  According to the weather reports we get rain the whole time we're in South Carolina so I'm not too happy about that since I was hoping to get some fabulous pictures while I'm there.  I'm hoping their wrong and I still get some fabulous pictures.  It makes me sad to think we may be somewhere we've never been and I won't be able to really get out and see it.

Well, it's time to get dressed and run over to Rob's and start working on those floors.  Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment