Tuesday, September 10, 2019

The death of a 50 year old tree

Friday evening as Gary and I were getting ready to go out to dinner with friends we heard the most horrendous noises.  At first it almost sounded like rolling thunder but then it grew and things started hitting the roof of the house and sun room so my thoughts went to a small plane exploding and went running toward the sun room.  (okay now I understand the scary movies!) I got there just in time to see the end results of a tree (actually a huge limb the size of a tree) landing right outside the sun room and on the sun room roof.  This is the second large limb that has broken off and fallen from that tree this year so I think we're going to go ahead and have the tree removed.  This breaks my heart because the tree is almost 50 years old but it sits too close to the house to take these kind of chances.  I will never again have a house with trees this close.

We sit on 2/3s of an acrea and this limb is taking up 1/3

Totally covers up the sun room

Wraps around to the side where the patio is

side view


No comments:

Post a Comment