Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Introducing Kali Ma and Bandit

We have two gorgeous cats that couldn't be more different.  Both were rescue kittens.  Our son, Rob, adopted the first one. The cutest little gray and white tabby that he named Kali Ma [Goddess of Destruction and Power].  Wow has she lived up to her name!  She climbs the door frames and when she was smaller would walk across the top of them.  Now she just climbs them to show us she still can. For a while I couldn't keep curtains as she was constantly climbing up and swinging from them.  There were times I thought she was going to be a dead kitten before she ever became a cat.  She adores Rob and has from the beginning, she follows him around like a little dog and cries when he leaves to go to work.  When he first got her he had his own house so it was just the two of them and they moved in here when she was about six months old.  [He rents out his house and saves to buy another rental.]

Once Rob moved in with Kali I decided if I was going to get a kitten I had better do so while she's still a kitten.  I wanted to get another female and I wanted to get one that would be more timid than Kali because I figured that would allow them to be friends and possibly less fighting.  So, I too went to the local humane society and picked out the quiet little black and white kitten that had this long fluffy tail.  She had the cutest little white face with a black mask over her eyes so we named her Bandit.  She too grew into her name.  She loves anything with bling.  She steals my earrings and bracelets, keys if she can get them out of my purse.  Yup, she's a thief! She's also a diva.  She primps all the time and loves me to take her picture.  She's long haired and although her legs are shorter than Kali's she's quite a bit longer and just bigger.  She's part Persian. She loves being told how pretty she is. She is twice Kali's size now that they are full grown but Kali is queen, Bandit doesn't mind being the princess.  Kali plays rough and Bandit plays very gently.

Kali Ma.  She looks like a little angel doesn't she?  Looks are deceiving! 
Here Kali's watching Bandit so I was able to catch her off guard. 
Kali's really hard to catch pictures of, she's mostly camera shy. 
Kali's favorite place to observe her humans. 

My Pretty Bandit.  I keep baskets on the footstool in front of the couch and she lays in them.  
 Caught her in a yawn.
As you can see Bandit has no problem with cameras.  
I keep all kinds of different baskets all over the house in different rooms for the cats because they love them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment