Tuesday, May 8, 2018

The Hallway of Many Colors ...

Today I'm upstairs finally painting the hallway walls.  When we moved into this house we called that "The Hallway of Many Colors".  I think they used this hallway to test their color choices for the other rooms.  It had quite the variety.  In the beginning I had no idea what I wanted to do with it.  It had two small recessed lights one on each end that gave a very dim light and it's a very long hallway.  So first thing I did was have the electrician put in some light fixtures that lit up the passageway.  Oh my gosh what a difference that made.  Then I painted the walls and ceiling white just to give me a blank canvas to work with.   It's a very long hallway, I don't think I can stress that enough.  So next I built fake wainscoting out of quarter rounds on the lower half of the wall and then topped it off with a thick chair rail to give the hallway some character and break up that long bare wall.  The wall across from it has a staircase and two doors that break it up.  Having done this ... I never finished it.  So today, I'm upstairs painting everything. That hallway is still a very long hallway.  I will post pictures of it when I finish.  I do intend for it to be my art gallery when I finish it.  Can't wait now to get it finished.  Of course one the wall paint is done then there is the white enamel for the baseboards and the doors and the door facings.  Good grief, probably why I never finished it.  And, while I have the ladder up there I should take the light fixtures off and wash them and put them back up.  I need to change out the door knobs as well.  That hallway will be finished today though.  It may be midnight, but it will be finished before I go to bed and then I get to check it off my list!  Trumpets show sound! That's a huge check mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment